Introduction: The Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is a critical milestone for aspiring Company Secretaries. With the upcoming CSEET scheduled for November 2023, it’s essential for students to be well-prepared and informed about the examination process. This blog provides comprehensive instructions and guidelines that all CSEET candidates must adhere to for a smooth and successful exam experience.
Remote Proctoring: A New Mode: A significant change in the November 2023 CSEET is the adoption of remote proctoring. Instead of traditional test centers, candidates will take the exam from the comfort of their own homes or a suitable, isolated location. However, it’s crucial to note that you cannot use mobile phones, tablets, or other such devices for the exam. Ensure that you have access to a reliable desktop or laptop for the test.
Duration and Mark Distribution: The CSEET exam will span a total duration of 2 hours, equivalent to 120 minutes. The examination pattern will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) across four subjects, with each subject’s weightage accounting for 50 marks. The subjects and marks distribution are as follows:
- Business Communication: 35 questions, 50 marks
- Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning: 35 questions, 50 marks
- Economic and Business Environment: 35 questions, 50 marks
- Current Affairs and Quantitative Aptitude: 35 questions, 50 marks
This sums up to a total of 200 marks for the CSEET exam.
Eligibility for CSEET: Passing the Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is a mandatory requirement for all candidates aiming to register for the Executive Programme of the Company Secretary Course, with certain exceptions. To be eligible for registration, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Have passed the CSEET with a result not older than one year from the date of result declaration.
- Passed the 10+2 (Senior Secondary Examination) conducted by a recognized examining body in India or an equivalent examination accepted by the Central or State Government for admission to a Bachelor’s degree course.
Please note that if you fail to meet any of these conditions at the time of seeking registration for the Executive Programme, your registration application will be rejected without notice.
General Instructions: Now, let’s explore essential general instructions that every CSEET candidate should be aware of:
1. Verify Your Admit Card: Immediately after downloading your Admit Card and Instructions from the ICSI website, verify all the details, including your name, photograph, signature, admission number, and exam date and timings. If you find any discrepancies, notify the Institute within 2 days of receiving the Admit Card.
2. Conduct of Exam:
- Use your own desktop or laptop (not mobile or tablet) for the exam.
- Download and install the Safe Exam Browser, SEBLite, as directed.
- Continuous video and audio monitoring will be in place during the exam.
- Keep a government-issued identity card handy for verification.
3. Download Safe Exam Browser:
- Ensure that you download and install SEBLite on your desktop or laptop as directed.
- Do not uninstall SEBLite until the CSEET is successfully completed.
- Attend the Mock Test of CSEET as instructed.
4. Mandatory Requirements:
- Properly installed SEBLite.
- Stable internet connection.
- Fully charged laptop or desktop with a power backup.
- Strict adherence to instructions.
- Participation in the Mock Test without uninstalling SEBLite.
5. Login Early:
- Log in to the Test portal at least 30 minutes before the specified exam time.
- No candidate will be allowed to join the exam after 15 minutes of the start time.
6. Test Language: The question paper will be displayed in English only.
7. Passing Criteria: Candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all papers to pass the CSEET. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
8. During the Exam: During the CSEET, candidates are strictly prohibited from:
- Using mobile phones, earphones, headphones, or other electronic gadgets.
- Referring to books or using paper, pen, or any writing materials.
- Having anyone else in the room during the exam.
- Taking photographs of the screen, questions, or answer options.
- Reading questions or answers out loud.
- Leaving the workstation without submitting the test.
- Losing focus on the screen.
Conclusion: Compliance with these instructions is essential for a smooth CSEET experience. Violating these guidelines can lead to result cancellation. Therefore, it’s crucial to understand and adhere to these instructions to ensure your success in the CSEET and your journey toward becoming a Company Secretary. Best of luck with your November 2023 CSEET!